Sunday, November 10, 2013

i cry more than once a month.

hi. 
i've tried to tell you so many times. 
(yes, you.)
i've started typing, and i've written the phrase "i'm depressed" so many different times.
i've been wanting to tell you that i think i might be depressed for a long time.
but i can't get it out. 
i wouldn't even know where to start,
or what words to use.
and if i'm going to dedicate a whole post to how sad i feel,
then i can't make it beautiful.
because my pain isn't beautiful, right?

its awful.
i feel bad inside.
i feel weighed down.
i cry for no reason.
the only thing that makes me happy is sleep, but when i wake up i feel bad again.

normal girls only cry this hard once a month.
but i'm crying now,
and i know my tears are completely rational because i was PMSing last week.

how do i write my pain simply 
so that you'll see
just how complicated it is.
will you understand that i feel bad for feeling bad?
i don't even know what that means.

depression is a big word.
and it comes with a lot of baggage.
so i guess instead of telling you that maybe i'm depressed,
i'll just tell you that i feel sad a lot.
and i don't like it.
and no, don't worry i'll be fine.
but i'm crying for no reason.
and it's irritating as heck.





oh my gosh, i can't keep writing this. 
i think writing this is making me 69x more depressed than i actually am.
but here's the rest in a nutshell: i'm not going to cut myself because it would hurt and i'm  not dumb. 
i think i might be depressed, that's all.

okay. i think that's it.




nothing gold can stay,
susan e. 

8 comments:

  1. I feel bad for feeling bad

    THE BEST LINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. "i think i know why people cut themselves.
    because when you're crying uncontrollably for no good reason,
    having a reason feels better than not."

    i think it's sad that this makes so much sense. so much sense. so much sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GoodNESS. I..don't know what to say, other than I love all your stuff..
    And I'm sorry..and no one can ever really understand.
    "normal girls only cry this hard once a month.
    but i'm crying now"
    Love that line. And I feel ya. It's not fair.
    "I wouldn't even know where to start,
    or what words to use."
    Yeah Greaser Girl, yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn. I don't even know what else to say but, thank you. I've struggled with how to say this for a long time. And you, you my favorite greaser girl, just did it. Thank you.

    "how do i write my pain simply
    so that you'll see
    just how complicated it is.
    will you understand that i feel bad for feeling bad?
    i don't even know what that means.

    depression is a big word.
    and it comes with a lot of baggage."

    Without even knowing, you understand me. You are one of few. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you wrote this. " i've been wanting to tell you that i think i might be depressed for a long time.
    but i can't get it out. " and for this " i'm crying for no reason. and it's irritating as hell." If you didn't write this I don't know how the hell I would have. Thanks for this. I thought I was alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the bold words. " I might be depressed what if Im right? I feel bad inside. I feel weighed down. I cry for no reason. The only thing that makes me feel happy is sleep, but when I wake up I feel bad again. Is that what depression is? I just feel like hell." I am so glad you wrote this post. It's like you wrote this post about every thought in my head. I'm glad I'm not alone but it still sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The poem/message/bold words inside your poem kill me the most. Everything about this is just raw and amazing and I want to just help you and I can't.......

    ReplyDelete

all it'll ever be

I’m watching this show, Normal People , and it’s extremely dramatic and emo, and the characters move kind of slow, except that slow...