Sunday, November 24, 2013

beautiful boys and pizza





I'm dumb.
Last year I had a crush on a boy.
A beautiful boy.
For the first half of the year I didnt know his name so I just called him "buttery-skin-curly-haired-kid" and let me assure you, his skin looked as smooth as butter and his curly hair was the hair of an angel.
I can count the number of times I spoke to him on one hand.
But I would need 18,943 people's hands to count the number of times I wish I had.

I swear nothing else has ever had this effect on me.
(Besides pizza. (Are you surprised? Didn't think so.))
He and pizza are neck in neck in the race for my heart,
But due to the fact that he is a lot farther north than I'd like,
I regret to inform you that pizza is winning that race.

We all have regrets but the regrets we regret the most have to do with people.

I regret not giving the $2 I had to the homeless guy I saw on Friday.

I regret being honest with my friend.
I regret not telling you that I think you're great.
I regret not telling that one kid who was sitting in front of me to shut up.
I regret not saying I love you to my sisters more.
I regret not saying anything to that beautiful boy.

But it's in the past.
I'm just going to have to get over the fact that I ruined my chance.
And hope that when the next boys comes along,
I'll be able to say that I like him more than I like pizza.


Suzy E.





5 comments:

  1. Blunt and beautiful.

    Made me think and rethink. Also made me a little hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. liking boys more than pizza is SO HARD though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that is the true test of love, but pizza IS so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really really nice. "I regret being honest with my friend"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, pizza is pretty hard to beat...

    ReplyDelete

all it'll ever be

I’m watching this show, Normal People , and it’s extremely dramatic and emo, and the characters move kind of slow, except that slow...