Sunday, September 8, 2013

(500)



i don't care who you are, (500) Days of Summer is one of the best freakin movies ever made.






i love it all.

(even the cuss words.*)

10 REASONS THIS IS A GREAT MOVIE.

1. it tricks you into thinking that Summer and Tom will end up together even while saying "this is not a love story"
2. Tom is a man who believes in love/fate. "it's love, not santa claus."
3. right from the beginning you know who is going to be having problems with this relationship.
4. the soundtrack is simply...oh my its just really good go get it now.
5. Tom's sister. "just because she likes the same bizarro crap you do doesn't make her your soul mate." (she really tells it like it is.)
6. the fact that the man is supposed to be an architect but somehow got roped into being a greeting card writer..? "why make something disposable like a building when you can make something that lasts forever, like a greeting card?"
7. the whole Sid and Nancy thing they have going on. "Summer, Sid stabbed Nancy seven times with a kitchen knife...i hardly think i'm Sid Vicious." "no i'm Sid."
8. Tom's nice little musical number, complete with a cartoon bird. 
9. JGL (<-----enough said.)
10. i mostly love that even though Tom's whole "500 days with Summer" was supposed to teach him that love was a coincidence he still ends up believing in fate.

okay. i'm sorry for the ramble about one of the greatest movies. bah. if you haven't seen it i'll let you borrow it, or you know you could just go buy your own copy. but mostly just go see it. 

a movie review is what happens when you think that you can watch a movie while attempting to write something.

kthanksbye.
stay gold kids,
suzy e.




*don't cuss, stay gold.

5 comments:

  1. can you make out with a blog post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I'm obsessed with the first song on your playlist btw I just downloaded it and can't stop listening to it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in Colorado and I saw this movie at the convenience store check-out. I grabbed it and was going to pay for it, but my wife said no.

    Grrrrrrrrrr

    One of these days.

    (For the record, I've seen this movie 5 times and I love it love it love it. I just don't own it.


    Yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes yes yes
    yes

    this movie makes me depressed but in the best way possible.

    Oh and I love this post.

    ReplyDelete

all it'll ever be

I’m watching this show, Normal People , and it’s extremely dramatic and emo, and the characters move kind of slow, except that slow...