Sunday, October 6, 2013

bones & YOLO

my skin tells me i'm different.
             i have a freckle here.
     you have a bruise there.
my eyes are blue.
            but yours are happy.




my skin tells everyone that i'm happy.
the blood blush in my cheeks convinces you that i'm
happy to be here.
                happy to be alive.


             
         
                                               but my bones.
                                             they say different.


if you could hear what my bones say,
you would be shocked.

like a magnet my bones are p
                            u
                             l
                              l
                               e
                                d down.
                                      
                                        down to an endless sleep.

i constantly wish for hollow bones.
for hollow bones that instead of weighing me down to the ground,
would propel me up high, into the sky.


                                                   but my bones,
                                           they're not stupid.
                                  they know now that soon enough,
                           
                                        they'll be in the ground.


my bones don't under stand YOLO.
they'll be here long after i'm gone.
                    i'll leave them behind, i guess.
i'll leave them behind in the ground.
so YOLO doesn't really apply to them.


                                     i kind of like the thought of my bones here,
                        even when i'm long gone.

maybe they'll understand YOLO when they're all alone in my coffin.
the way i understood YOLO when my parents left me all alone in the house.



                             maybe my bones will throw a party.
                                      as sick as that thought is,
i can't help but feel happy,
that a part of me will be living,
even when i'm gone.



YOLO,
stay gold,
suzy e.



(also, who knew you could find a gif of a skeleton doing yoga? google is amazing.)










1 comment:

  1. all of this.
    especially the skeleton-doing-yoga gif.
    especially "but my bones, they're not stupid. they know now that soon enough, they'll be in the ground."

    ReplyDelete

all it'll ever be

I’m watching this show, Normal People , and it’s extremely dramatic and emo, and the characters move kind of slow, except that slow...