Sunday, September 8, 2013

ADD

we all know those kids who are ADD or ADHD.

they talk a little too fast.
they think a little too much.
they get way too excited about things.
they might act a little crazy.

but as a teenager who has ADD let me tell you how it really is:

-my thoughts are constantly overflowing in my mind.
-i'm always thinking or wondering about something.
-my brain develops ideas faster than my mouth can express them.
-that filter that is in between your brain and your mouth (you know what i'm talking about.) yeah i don't have one.
-its hard to explain myself when i'm stuttering over the words that want to move from my brain to my mouth all at once.
-i feel too much. (don't we all?)
-i don't care who thinks what about the fact that i stutter sometimes.
-i don't care who sees me having too much fun.


sitting in classrooms for six and half hours every day makes my mind want to explode. 
so a doctor gave me a pill, and told me i was normal.

as if.

even though this magic little orange and white capsule helped me calm down and focus, i'm somewhat convinced that it has slaughtered my creativity.

because once i took the magic pill i began to care what others thought about my ideas. i became content to hear someone else's idea, rather than share my own. 

ADDerall has killed my creativity.

i'm trying to revive it.
we'll see how that goes.

stay gold,
suzy e.

p.s. don't to drugs.




8 comments:

  1. ^ I agree, awesome job, can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. i think i might have ADD because you just described my life...
    thank you for this. can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "so a doctor gave me a pill, and told me i was normal.
    as if."
    Pure genius.
    Probably one of the best lines I've read in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i'd been walking around with this line in my head for a while.
      it's what the whole post is based off of.

      so thank you for noticing!

      Delete
  4. You and me both girl, you and me both. I seriously love this. I want to post it in the school hallways and say, "LOOK, we DO try..." Amazing. You aren't alone out there!! This is literally so beautiful!! Much love. I also like how you contradicts "Nothing gold can stay." from the outsiders with "stay gold." genious

    ReplyDelete

all it'll ever be

I’m watching this show, Normal People , and it’s extremely dramatic and emo, and the characters move kind of slow, except that slow...