Friday, April 24, 2015

this is why i'm trash

I gave up on blogging because who is going to read this any way
I gave up on reading blogs because I didn't know who was writing them
I haven't sat down and typed like this is so long
Because I thought about settling for someone who wouldn't even consider growing a man bun
Because I didn't do college and told people it was because of my anxiety when mostly I just didn't want to go to school
Because I've been rolling my eyes so often that it's become my resting face
I washed my darks two days ago and I still haven't folded them
When people ask me if it's hard working full time and I shrug and say "what else would I be doing?"
I was going to go to Greece
I got one of these One-Line-A-Day-For-Five-Years journals and I didn't even last a month
Because about once a week I sit down to write in said journal and try to think of what I did last Tuesday and I can't remember
Because I really want to go to some of Nelson's creative writing classes, but now I'm too old
And I also don't want to be that person who goes back to high school
Because I didn't know there was a SFYS Poetry Slam tonight and I went to Chick-Fil-A after work when I would have had plenty of time to catch the last hour of slams
Because when you graduate high school no one tells you just how awful Adult Life really is
Because I was going to find a gif to put on the bottom of this blog post but I'm too lazy to find one

BECAUSE WHEN I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL I IMAGINED LIVING THIS WONDERFUL LIFE THAT WOULD BE AN ADVENTURE BUT I'VE BASICALLY BECOME MY WORST NIGHTMARE AND I'M SO RUSTY AT WRITING THAT I'M GOING TO END THIS BLOG POST BY SAYING THAT I'M TRASH AND I KNOW IT AND THAT'S IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all it'll ever be

I’m watching this show, Normal People , and it’s extremely dramatic and emo, and the characters move kind of slow, except that slow...